Southface Institute experts Mike Barcik, Joey Starr, and Bryant Hains present a sequel to Applied Building Science 01: Ventilation Concepts and Calculations. This course focuses on application of concepts covered in the prior course, as well as differences in strategies and needs within various climate zones. Haynes will also present findings from a DOE/Southface research project, which leads to a discussion on how to build the perfect residential ventilation system.
This course consists of a video training, slide deck, and exam. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate of completion for CEUs from ICC, AIA, BPI, and RESNET.
The full video has a runtime of 1 hour, 03 minutes.
The full slide deck is provided for free download in the Resources module.
NOTE: The video begins at slide 17 in the presentation. (Some introductory content in the original webinar recording was omitted in order to save time.)
The exam consists of 15 multiple choice questions.
- Apply concepts and calculations learned in previous module
- Compare and contrast ventilation methods for different climate zones
- Assess which ventilation strategies are appropriate for Hot/Mixed Humid climates
- Predict how ventilation affects occupant comfort
- Interpret results from a DOE/Southface research project
- Identify best practices for building the "perfect" ventilation system
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Southface Certificate of Completion B
Your cart is empty