In this course, Southface experts Mike Barcik and Joey Starr discuss the advantage of proper HVAC equipment sizing, best practices for ensuring proper sizing, and procedures for proper application of the Manual J protocol and related software.
This course consists of a video training, slide deck, and exam. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate of completion for CEUs from ICC, AIA, BPI, and RESNET.
The full video has a runtime of 1 hour, 16 minutes.
The full slide deck is provided for free download in the Resources module
The exam consists of 10 multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify code requirements regarding sizing, design, and selection of HVAC equipment and ducts
- Explain how the ACCA Manual J calculation standards are used to determine appropriate sizing of HVAC equipment
- Identify negative consequences that an improperly sized HVAC system can have on building durability and occupant comfort and health due to moisture issues
- Define sensible heat and latent heat
- Understand common errors and intentionally incorrect data inputs and see examples of such errors
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Southface Certificate of Completion C
Your cart is empty